Kalitka – the development of cross-border gastronomic tourism
The project aims at development of cross-border gastronomic tourism for social and economic benefit of the territory by linking cross-border enterprises on the basis of cultural heritage in the national cuisine.
- Institute of Economics of the Karelian Research Centre of the Russian Academy of Sciences (Petrozavodsk, Republic of Karelia, Russia)
- Karelia University of Applied Sciences (Joensuu, North Karelia, Finland)
- North Karelia Municipal Education and Training Consortium (Joensuu, Finland)
- Forgis Oy (Joensuu, North Karelia, Finland)
- OnegoTour LLC (Petrozavodsk, Republic of Karelia, Russia)
- Karelian Republican Public Organization “Art shater” (Petrozavodsk, Republic of Karelia, Russia)
- Karelian Regional Public Organization “Ruchej Zhizni” (Kondopoga, Republic of Karelia, Russia)
We are going to:
1. Study the project focus destination areas and identify the current state, barriers and opportunities of gastro-tourism in Finnish and Russian Karelia;
2. Increase the level of cooperation between tourist companies, restaurants, local producers, the administrations in the pilot areas for the formation of new tourist offerings in the field of gastronomic tourism on both sides of the border;
3. Increase the quality level of existing gastronomic services in the North Karelia and the Republic of Karelia;
4. Develop cross-border gastronomic tourist route, which will allow tourists to get acquainted with the peculiarities of the national cuisine on both sides of the border, to observe similarities and differences, see the local production and purchase environmentally friendly products;
5. Develop new promotion tools of gastronomic tourism in order to increase the number of visits;
6. Pilot new concept of «culinary studio» for capacity building of local entrepreneurs.