Logistics for Business Karelia-Oulu Region: Developing logistics knowledge and capabilities among small and medium sized companies
The LOGOKA-project aims to
- increase logistics and trade options knowledge among manufacturing, wholesale, export logistics companies and other stakeholders
facilitate and boost cross-border cooperation between Oulu-Kainuu region and Karelia.
The main outputs are:
- Collected and disseminated knowledge about current transportation and potential cargo among companies
- New options to cross-border package delivery
- Disseminated knowledge of possibilities in cross-border logistics and its regulations among manufacturing companies, wholesalers and logistics companies
Project is targeted at logistics service providers, ports and stevedore companies dealing with transportation of cargo; business intermediaries, wholesalers, large export companies and SMEs interested in cross-border business and need logistics services in North Ostrobothnia, Kainuu and Karelia region.
- Analyses the current trade and logistics regulations and practices in cross-border trade
- Studies new logistics options to deliver small orders direct from Oulu-Kainuu region to Karelia and tests practical solutions
- Organizes joint workshops, training sessions and company visits on both side of the border
- Disseminates information about trade and logistics regulations and practices.
Timetable: 1/2020 - 6/2022
Budget: 450 000 €
Lead Partner: Oulu Business School, Unversity of Oulu
Port of Oulu Ltd
Herman Andersson Ltd
Port of Raahe Ltd
SKAL Northern Finland ry.
Corporation of Development of the Republic of Karelia
Autonomous non-profit organization "Professional growth centre"
Petrozavodsk cargo port Intership Bunker
Project manager, Oulu Business School:
phone: +358 50 4761 624