Welcome to the final webinar of the DIAS project.
Cross-border cooperation and data exchange in the control of alien species
In the event we will present the results of the project and hear two guest speakers: Artem Leostrin from the Komarov Botanical Institute, Russian Academy of Sciences and Seppo Hellsten from Finnish Environment Institute.
The webinar will be held on the Zoom platform and will be simultaneously translated into Finnish and Russian. You can follow the webinar in either language.
Liity mukaan webinaariin: https://zoom.us/j/96162086848?pwd=QzlZcmJBTHBqSnlLRVUxbC8rYkcyQT09
Идентификатор конференции: 961 6208 6848 Код доступа: 734173
FIRST SESSION Chair Alexey Polevoi
9.30 Opening words by Finnish and Russian partners (Hanna Koivula, CSC and Alexey Polevoi, The Karelian Research Centre of the Russian Academy of Sciences (KarRC RAS)
9.40 Elodea invasion in Kuusamo district - possibilities for biomass removal and use, Seppo Hellsten, Finnish Environment Institute.
10.00 Eloidea nuttallii outbreak in ponds of southwestern Finland, Miia Jauni, Natural Resources Institute Finland
10.05 Invasive plant species in the Kostroma Region, Artem Leostrin from the Komarov Botanical Institute, Russian Academy of Sciences
10.25 Popular science book on IAS Oleg Kuznetsov, KarRC RAS
10.40 Invasive insects in forested environments – four example species relevant to Russian and Finnish Karelia Matti Koivula, Natural Resources Institute Finland.
11.00 Quarantine species imported to Republic of Karelia with products subject to quarantine. Olga Synkevich, the Russian Federal Center for Plant Quarantine, Karelian Branch
SECOND SESSION Chair Sannakajsa Velmala
11:15 -12:15 DIAS results (Short presentations)
- Russian IAS web portal (Alexandr Golovin/Alexey Polevoi KarRC RAS)
- Solo eradication campaign (Sannakajsa Velmala, Natural Resources Institute Finland)
- IAS eradication events in Karelia (Oksana Rudkovskaya, KarRC RAS)
- Information cards: Heracleum persicum and Invasive alien and travelling across the Karelian border (Maarit Kytö, Natural Resources Institute Finland)
- Citizen knowledge of invasive alien species in Finland and Russian Karelia – similarities and differences between countries (Elina Nyberg, Finnish Environment Institute)
- Invasive Species in the Republic of Karelia: Possibilities of Project Implementation with Schools (Elizaveta Matveeva, KarRC RAS)
- Three years of DIAS field work – results and experiences from different traps and pheromones (Markus Melin, Natural Resources Institute Finland)
- Project visualization in Media and Social networks (Maria Dmitrieva, KarRC RAS)
- DIAS project implementation results in the Museum of Applied Environmental Research of KarRC RAS (Alexandra Smirnova, KarRC RAS)
12.15-12.30 Discussion. Final words by Anne Holma, Finnish Environment Institute and Alexey Polevoi KarRC RAS