Making access to nature easy!
Making urban park areas in Kajaani and Kostomuksha recognized sources of :
- personal health
- community well-being
- socioeconomic growth
for the local residents and tourists.
Duration: 1.1.2019 - 31.12.2020
Budget: 805 717 €
Metsähallitus, Parks & Wildlife Finland, lead partner
Kostomuksha State Nature Reserve, partner
Kulttuuriosuuskunta G-Voima, partner
Challenges to be conquered :
- It is difficult to get information about the local nature sites and services they have to offer.
- The benefits of a strong nature connection and benefits of recreation in the nature are not well known.
- Poor quality of services provided in the local nature sites and its harmful affect on the environment.
- Local ownership of local nature sites is weak (vandalism, limited community activity)
- Businesses do not know how to use attractive natural sites in product development.
- The opportunities of citizens to participate in the management and development of the local nature sites are insufficient and feedback system is inadequate.
Actions to be conducted:
- Establishing site manager network in Kajaani region.
- Producing necessary concept plans and brand strategies and implementing them in selected communication and marketing channels.
- Involving locals and NGO's into planning improvement solutions and utilizing the results of service design process on pilot sites.
- Improving selected pilot sites in Urban Parks to ensure a well-functioning customer path and enhanced visitor experience.
- Integrating health benefits and connecting business products in communications of Urban parks concept.
- Activating locals to actively use Urban parks sites for recreation and events.
- Urban parks manager network is established and active in Kainuu and best practices shared through cross-border cooperation.
- High quality marketing and communication of Kajaani Parks and Kostomuksha Park brands are in place.
- Service designed improvement plans are readied for pilot sites in Urban Parks network.
- Well-functioning, accessible and safe pilot areas and are established in Kajaani and Kostomuksha.
- New products are connected with urban parks concept, health and well-being benefits are integrated in Urban Parks communications.
- Awareness of and local ownership in Kajaani and Kostomuksha Parks are increased. There is a model for locals, local businesses and NGOs to utilize sites for recreation, activities, events and business products.
Ekaterina Piirainen, Project Manager
tel. +358 (0)40 144 7567
Metsähallitus, Luontopalvelut / Parks & Wildlife Finland
87100 Kajaani, Finland
Valentina Khoteeva, Coordinator
tel. +7 911 410 61 36
Kostomuksha State Nature Reserve
ul. Priozernaya 2, Kostomuksha
186930 Republic of Karelia, Russia
Veikko Leinonen , Producer
tel. + 358 (0) 50 570 6577
Kulttuuriosuuskunta G-Voima, Vaara-Collective
87100 Kajaani, Finland